OVER-DIMENSIONAL PERMITS SPECIALIST
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate over-dimensional permitted loads in accordance with state and federal routing regulations.
- Research escort costs and set up escorts services for over dimensional loads.
- Order permits after coordinating pertinent information with fleet managers, customers, and drivers.
- Research and advise on legal truck routes, curfews, and state escort requirements to contractors and partner carriers.
- Serves as liaison as needed to accomplish the smooth flow of permits and permit acquisition, answering questions, and investigating and resolving problems as needed.
- Collects required information, including specific truck and load information, to order various state permits on specific routes as required by states rules and regulations.
- Communicate and explain permit process and routes to contractors/drivers to ensure complete understanding.
- Assist contractors/drivers with all permit questions and/or concerns during transportation of load from origin to destination.
- Communicate effectively both in person and on the phone with contractors, customers, Warren employees, and vendors providing concise instruction and information on permits.
- Uses effective customer service skills to help contractors throughout the delivery process if permit issues or questions arise.
- Register trucks for Clean Air Pass required by the State of California.
- Review permits invoices prior to payment.
- Keep over dimensional permit book updated with most current information
- Periodically provides support to the customer service team by promoting and selling warren service. And responds to customers’ requests for service, providing information, entering load information into computerized system, and negotiate terms and conditions of sales (i.e., rates, credit, special instructions).
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree, preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Motivated to achieve both company and personal goals.
- Proficient computer and internet skills (Microsoft Office products, Word and Excel).
- Able to build rapport quickly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, uses fingers and hands to touch objects or controls.
Type of Employment: Full-Time