DIRECTOR OF MAINTENANCE
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership to build and maintain strong teams through effective communications and development measures.
- Confers with department heads to arrange for equipment such as trailers and within operations tracking system, to be released form service for inspections, service, or repair.
- Establishes policies for inspections, maintenance, and repair of company equipment; schedules repairs; assigns and directs activities of service and repair personnel; and follows up on repairs being made.
- Provides continuous improvements in productivity, quality and the efficiency of all maintenance operations in the Waterloo and Laredo facilities.
- Authorizes and arranges for purchase of supplies, tools, and machinery.
- Consults with executive staff on operation and servicing divisions on equipment replacement needs.
- Contracts for repair services not performed in company shop.
- Investigates and evaluates cause and extent of damage to trailers.
- Contracts and negotiates pricing with third party vendors for all parts and supplies.
- Monitors usage, pricing, and credits for inventory at all locations.
- Maintains company computer system, including entering work orders, inventory, and trailer information.
- Manage DOT compliance and CSA maintenance BASIC to acceptable company standards.
- Measure and manage trailer CPM to target set by executive team.
- Sell/dispose of tractors and trailers retired form fleet due to age and/or condition. Sell other equipment as identified by executive management.
- Periodic travel to the Laredo, Texas terminal.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Transportation, or a Technology/Maintenance related field of study
- 7+ years of experience managing and leading teams with proven abilities in problem solving, team building, and decision-making
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Able to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use finger, handle and touch objects and controls, and to reach with hands and arms. Work in a shop environment with exposure to noise and fumes, and occasionally work outside in cold or hot weather environments. The employee occasionally sits.
Type of Employment: Full-Time