National Sales Representative
The National Sales Representative is responsible for strengthening and enhancing the growth and stability of Warren Specialized Logistics (WSL) by implementing sound sales and marketing principles to develop and service customers in accordance with company and department quality, sales, utilization, and profit objectives, and serving as liaison between the customer, WSL and Warren Transport, Inc. (WTI). Identifying and securing new freight opportunities.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Build new and maintain current relationships with customers.
- Prospect for additional new freight opportunities.
- Negotiate rates with customers under the guidance of the WSL Management and WTI VP of Sales & Marketing
- Onboard new customers, ensuring a smooth transition
- Solicit loads from current customers
- Bring solutions to the table for closing new business; knowing when to escalate
- Communicates with WSL/WTI department managers to assess and distribute current information on the development and needs of customers.
- Performs other duties, tasks, or responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of sales or sales experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Hard-worker with a drive for results who can persevere in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Strong work ethic and sense of integrity, trustworthy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, uses fingers and hands to touch objects or controls.
Type of Employment: Full-Time