Retail Coordinator, The Wartburg Store
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Wartburg Store Manager for assisting with various Store duties such as ordering apparel, gifts and supplies; stocking, receiving, updating online store, inventory, and cashiering.
This is a twelve-month, part-time position with hours that vary due to business need, usual work schedule is in afternoon, approximately 20 hours per week and expands due to seasonal demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist manager to maintain inventory of apparel and gifts; prepare and process special orders; ensure appropriate product quantity and mix for seasonality using system functionality. (19%)
- Assist with all receiving (including textbooks and trade books); enter barcodes into WinPrism; and resolve product issues within 2 days of receipt. Regularly check with staff to resolve any issues preventing product from being placed on the floor and resolve product quality issues with suppliers. (19%)
- Stock shelves on a regular basis; check floor for product needs, place orders in a timely manner with follow-up to ensure product arrives on time. Assist with year-end inventory. (17%)
- Cashier; perform monthly inventory of safe; assist with maintaining appearance and cleanliness of store. (16%)
- Utilize technology, streamlined processes, and reports, in order to expedite work. (9%) Maintain online store with available product added to store within 3 days of receipt. (8%)
- Assist in supervising and training student staff; ensure adherence to high customer service and personal work standards. (7%)
- Assist in evaluating trends such as customer buying trends, market trends, and collegiate trends.(5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Typical responsibilities: Process invoices and purchase orders on point-of-sale system. Take product photos and revise in PhotoShop then add product, photos and description to web store. Customer service including assisting customers with purchases and using registers.
Supervision: Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Qualifications: Requires knowledge equivalent to an Associate’s degree in management or a related field and two years of relevant experience; ability to lift 50 lbs.; attention to detail; strong communication, customer service and organizational skills.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Part-Time