Inventory & Procurement Specialist
Schumacher Elevator Company is seeking a resourceful and organized individual to join our team as an Inventory & Procurement Specialist. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, top notch customer service, solid computer proficiency, and excellent attention to detail.
What you need for this position:
- Two-year degree + minimum two years related experience; Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field preferred
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid computer skills + hands-on experience with an MRP enterprise system
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and perform calculations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Physical abilities necessary to lift boxes and other materials
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying, sourcing and purchasing parts and materials
- Leveraging technical publications, online resources and in-house technical data to research and gather parts information
- Providing outstanding customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintaining current, accurate records of inventory
- Processing inventory related transactions per MRP inventory role
- Creating, building and maintaining supplier relationships
- Participating in shipping/receiving and the resolution of material and invoice issues
For over 80 years Schumacher Elevator has been a well-known and respected family owned and operated company that designs, manufactures and services custom passenger and freight elevators.
Position is full-time, first shift. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes medical, life and disability insurance, 401(k) match, PTO, paid holidays and bonus eligible. Post-offer background check and drug screen required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Type of Employment: Full-Time