Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement for: Planning, managing and executing effective programs that inspire and engage alumni and parents to consistently participate in the life of, provide for, and promote the College; Developing and implementing strategies to enhance financial support of annual giving initiatives, athletics, and corporate sponsorships; Establishing an effective communications plan to connect alumni and parents; Providing leadership for the Alumni board, and; Directing the Alumni & Parent Relations and Annual Giving team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, implement, and assess a comprehensive and strategic constituent outreach program to effectively engage alumni, parents, and other key groups, including future alumni, in the life and advancement of the college. (40%)
- In collaboration with campus partners, imagine, create, and measure opportunities for alumni and friends to connect with students in mutually-beneficial ways, including vocational discernment, career preparation, and student success, enabling fulfillment of the College’s vision.
- Lead the planning and execution of events and activities, including Homecoming & Family Weekend, class reunions, Alumni Citation and Young Alumni Awards, etc., designed to engage alumni and parents in the life of the College.
- Establish an effective communications plan for alumni, parents and friends, working with Advancement and Marketing & Communications personnel, to enable the College to build and maintain positive relationships with constituents that will further the mission of the College.
- Provide institutional leadership in support of the Alumni Board and Students UKnight, developing volunteer leaders working in pursuit of shared objectives.
- Create, implement, and assess a comprehensive and strategic annual giving program that maximizes philanthropic support and involvement of alumni, parents, and other friends of the College, and meets Institutional Advancement goals. (40%)
- Oversee the coordination, execution, and assessment, of direct mail, e-solicitation, phonathon, and other strategies designed to increase alumni giving and participation.
- Manage the Annual Giving team and collaborate with Advancement colleagues in the development, implementation, and assessment of strategies to increase annual giving, strengthen stewardship, and empower alumni and friends to contribute in fulfillment of institutional goals.
- Oversee the development and execution of strategies to enhance support of Intercollegiate Athletics, working with College staff to increase annual giving to the Athletics Booster Club.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff members, including the director of annual giving, assistant director of alumni and parent relations, advancement associate for stewardship and special gifts, alumni and development communications associate, and office coordinator, to enable fulfillment of institutional goals and objectives. (20%)
- Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive corporate partnership plan for the institution in order to integrate and manage sponsorship opportunities, generate revenue, and secure the engagement of potential business partners.
- Serve on the Advancement Planning Team, joining colleagues to envision and accomplish strategies and initiatives to move the College forward.
- Manage fiscal budgets relative to alumni & parent relations and annual giving, and perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to policies and general objectives for guidance. Employee independently devises new methods to meet conditions and confers with supervisor regarding unusual matters.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, five years of related work experience, and demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the mission of the College.
Dedicated commitment to the value of a private liberal arts college and its constituency; Vision to help implement the strategic plan that provides a blueprint for the College’s future; Evidence of excellent communication, management, and organizational skills; High level of energy, initiative, creativity and a “can do” attitude, and; Appreciation for Wartburg College as a college of the ELCA.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting