Campus Safety Monitor
Openings at: Bunger Middle School, Carver Academy, East High, Central Middle School. Visit our applicant portal to apply to specific openings: https://waterlooschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx?
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination and drug screen.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 1 year after entering position.
- District-specified traning required within 1 year after entering position.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with groups of elementary, middle and/or high school students.
- 1 year of working with youth in an organized setting and/or security guard experience preferred.
- Ability to work with a flexible work schedule to include evenings, nights and weekends.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, use appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents and the school community.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
- Knowledge of investigation and property protection methods.
- Knowledge of community problems affecting schools.
- Knowledge of mediation services and conflict resolution techniques.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and safety procedures.
- Ability to work independently and with little direction within scope of position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Monitors the students during lunch hour inside and outside of the building.
- Walks the hallways, common areas, grounds and parking lots, to monitor student, staff and visitor conduct.
- Monitors security cameras to oversee the safety and security of students, staff and school assets.
- Assists visitors and checks for visitor passes. Escorts unauthorized visitors off campus.
- Assists administrators and School Resource Officer (SRO) in the investigation of illegal activity within the school.
- Provides security at sporting events and/or other extracurricular activities outside of school hours including weekends, evenings and occasional nights.
- Assists administrators, staff and students during crisis situations, including fire drills, tornado drills, weapons control, bomb threats and lockdowns.
- Provides leadership in implementing and monitoring all school safety procedures.
- Assists the school administration in assessing the level of school safety throughout the school year.
- Develops and maintains friendly and cordial relations with students, staff, school officials, parents and community partners.
- Notifies administration of unusual activities or problems.
- Prepares and maintains applicable reports and records.
- Serves as a member of the building incident command team.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Beginning rate for this position is $18.84/hour
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting