Rural Outreach Coordinator
Employment Status: Part-time (20 hours), non-exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Description: The Rural Outreach Coordinator will identify and mobilize key stakeholders, program participants and organizations in rural Black Hawk, Bremer, Butler and Buchanan Counties in Iowa to move the mission of Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity forward in communities outside the Waterloo/Cedar Falls metropolitan area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development of plans, activities and materials to engage groups and individuals in working with Iowa Heartland Habitat in our rural communities.
• Work with advancement director to identify and organize rural fundraising activities to obtain increased support from corporations, public and private funding organizations, faith communities, and individuals.
• Increase the engagement of rural donors and maximize the number of overall rural supporters.
• Maintain extensive knowledge of rural funding sources, requirements and timelines for homeownership and neighborhood services programs.
• Coordinate Iowa Heartland Habitat public relations, marketing and outreach efforts with the marketing and outreach manager to help promote Iowa Heartland Habitat throughout our rural service area with a focus on compelling story-telling and formal presentations.
• Coordinate with the program director to recruit and schedule rural volunteer teams.
• Promote homeownership and neighborhood services opportunities in rural communities to attract program participants.
• Assist with the processing of program applications and collecting required documentation.
• Assist with rural property acquisition as needed.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
• Experience with planning, executing, and evaluating projects and meeting deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal, written, listening, computer and presentation skills.
• Friendly, genuine and outgoing personality with high integrity and attention to detail.
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently and effectively.
• Database management experience; the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare timely and meaningful reports.
• Flexibility to adapt to a changing and dynamic work environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Iowa Heartland staff and partners.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with and among diverse populations and personalities.
• Somewhat flexible hours; occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
• Weekly daytime regional travel required. Must have reliable transportation.
• Knowledge and understanding of charitable giving preferred.
• Commitment to Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity’s mission and principles.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience in nonprofit management fundraising, marketing, or public relations preferred.
How To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume directly to executive director Ali Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials submitted through career websites will not be considered.
Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Iowa Heartland Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Type of Employment: Part-Time