Match Support Specialist
We are in search of a Match Support Specialist who is passionate about our mission and vision:
Our Mission: is to create and support one to one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Our vision is that all youth achieve their full potential.
Job Summary: Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary function of this position is to provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers. Timely and high-level customer service is to be demonstrated throughout match support.
Performance Measures: The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas: match contacts done and done on time, survey compliance, match closure rate, match retention rate, average match length, volunteer rematch rate, and customer satisfaction.
YOU ARE THE RIGHT FIT IF YOU:
- Believe in the power of mentoring.
- Write in a clear and concise way.
- Feel comfortable talking on the phone.
- Are persistent.
- Are tech savvy & proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite; Salesforce knowledge is a huge plus.
- Have experience working with youth &/or volunteers.
- Are a mindful listener.
- Are successful in meeting deadlines and commitments, and can see tasks through with accuracy.
- Are able to make connections to prioritize tasks.
- Are organized.
- Have the ability to work with diverse populations and geographic areas.
- Are able to remain calm and professional in potentially difficult or emotionally charged interpersonal interactions.
- Ensure regular, ongoing contact with each participant by conducting interactive conversations in accordance to agency policies.
- Document all interactions with match participants.
- Build connections between agency and match participants.
- Identify any threats to a child’s physical, emotional safety and well-being both in their match relationship and their life and provide appropriate interventions.
- Identify difficulties in the match relationship or disengagement by any participant in a timely and provide appropriate intervention.
- To continuously assess the health of the match and sustainability of the match participants.
- To remind match participants of ground rules and agency policies and monitor adherence on an ongoing basis
- To coach match participants on issues most relevant to the health, safety and development of the youth.
- Utilize the surveys in match support, follow up on challenge areas.
- Utilize goals identified in the Youth Development Plan in match support to coach the match towards desired outcomes.
- Complete all BBBS required trainings for both BBBSA and BBBSNEIA annually.
- Strives for proficiency based on identified core competencies: Values diversity, equity and inclusion, embrace flexibility & collaboration, accountability, prioritization & follow through, teamwork, mutual respect, communication, understands and grows the agency and job knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
- Youth: 1 year (Preferred)
- Volunteers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Child Welfare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Must clear all background checks and education verification
- Hold a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Have access to reliable transportation
Work Location: One location & local travel
Work Environment: Office, community
Communication Method(s) Used: Phone, email, face-to-face meetings
Hours Per Week: 40+, some weeknights and weekends required
BBBSNEIA strives to be an employer of choice; we welcome and encourage diverse candidates from all background to apply.
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Full-Time