Leader Valley Director of Fundraising and Communications
The Leader Valley Director of Fundraising and Communications is responsible for creating and enhancing relationships with potential donors to ensure current and future funding. The Director of Fundraising and Communications is responsible for the management, implementation, and continual evaluation of an overall fundraising plan to sustain Leader Valley operations and programming, as well as the promotion of the Leader Valley mission and objectives.
Leader Valley Goals
- In conjunction with Leader Valley Director and Council, sets and achieves short-term and long-term fundraising goals, strategies, and timelines for annual giving, planned giving, and major gifts
- Monitors monthly results in relation to fundraising goals and future budget needs
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with corporate, individual donors and charitable organizations, for annual, major, and planned gifts
- Seeks out, writes, and submits grant applications with local business, charitable organizations, and state and federal grants
- Completes all grant reporting required
Capital Campaign Support:
- Provides staff campaign support including assisting the campaign co-chairs, co-leading and securing sponsorships for events, and volunteer recruitment and engagement
- Assist with the development of key messaging to raise the visibility of Leader Valley in the community and share through public speaking opportunities and communications with potential donors
- Provide effective and targeted communications to stakeholders
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Embrace the mission of Leader Valley
- Self-starting, positive, persistent, patient, highly professional, organized, and follows though
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills
- Above average (written and verbal) to interact with customers and prospects
- Demonstrated fundraising skills and strategies with corporate and philanthropic entities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams to achieve appropriate goals.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, data base and fundraising software preferred
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, fundraising, or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience managing/directing fundraising and communications work
- Follows through on commitments to co-workers and investors. Proactively keeps others informed.
- Displays a willingness to support others, regardless of department or position.
- Shares job knowledge with others, and displays a willingness to learn and grow from co-workers.
- Seeks the positive in all things and shows the ability to move past disappointing circumstances quickly.
- Values diverse opinions and displays respect toward everyone on the team
- Serves co-workers and investors with a smile and positive “can do” attitude.
- Speaks the truth respectfully and with a sincere desire to improve others and the organization.
- Communication is timely, done in the right form (verbal or written) and delivered with positive intentions.
- Displays a willingness to listen to feedback, learn from experiences and apply these things to their actions.
- Shows a great deal of pride in their work and willingly goes above and beyond to help the organization stand out.
- Has co-workers back. Doesn’t make them ask. Pays attention to circumstances, anticipates and asks THEM
- what they can do to help.
- Treats fellow employees with respect and courtesy in all interactions.
- Recognizes the contributions of others and expresses appreciation and gratitude verbally and/or in writing.
- Puts the needs of others first and helps people perform as highly as possible
- Encourages others to take on and solve new challenges
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Dr. Melissa Reade by December 11, 2020
This job description identifies the major responsibilities of this position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, to assist with executing Leader Valley’s business model, promoting Leader Valley’s culture, mission and values.
Lead a business-education partnership to develop the leadership and employability skills of Cedar Valley students.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting