High School Education Coordinator
Title: High School Education Coordinator
Type: Part-time, Hourly (20 hrs)
Supervised by: Program Director
Position Summary: The High School Education Coordinator is responsible for organizing the High School programing with the assistance of the Education Committee and Secondary Education Coordinator. The High School programming includes monthly financial education lessons; earnings based on grades, school attendance and behavior, and mentoring. The mission of The Job Foundation is to equip K-12 students and their families for economic advancement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Education Committee to research, develop, and plan the annual financial and leadership lessons for High School Students.
- Teach, or supervise the teaching of High School Lessons.
- Contact and coordinate potential community speakers for High School lessons.
- Track High School Students financial lesson attendance, lesson completion, enter in database.
- Monitor High School students’ grades for the purposes of earning calculations and tracking academic progress. Each month enter information into the database.
- Calculate High School earnings monthly, work with team to manage deposits.
- Develop and monitor students on “progress monitoring”.
- Organize the tutoring schedule of struggling High School Students
- Partner with community resources to successfully help tutor struggling students.
- Organize and coordinate the completion of make-up lessons for students who have absences; track lessons, communicate with student and parents.
- Collaborate with Education team to write policies and procedures.
- Attend Middle School lessons and supervise the students working on make-up lessons.
- Attend and assist at organization’s large group events as assigned by the Program Director (High School lesson, Middle School lessons, Family Night, Shopping Day, Affirmation).
- Attend and co-facilitate Education Meetings.
- Keep student database up to date.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Background in education, desired.
- Experience working with youth.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with Google applications, Excel, and Word.
- Public speaking ability
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Car ownership and a valid driver’s license is required.
- Must pass a comprehensive background check.
Immediate opening. Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Type of Employment: Part-Time