This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth. Real career. Real purpose.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. has full-time opportunity available for people looking to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities.
As a Guardian Representative you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE.
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time offered)
- 401(k)* employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Identify and support, as appropriate, ward preferences in lifestyle and decision making.
- Advocate for and monitor appropriate support services, such as residential, educational, work, medical and community services.
- Maintain regularly needed direct contact with wards, families and service providers.
- Follows all guardianship laws in the Iowa Administrative Code.
- Provide general information about estate planning, trusts and wills, as appropriate.
- Process applications for guardianship.
- Participate in the development of the person’s life plan.
- Provide public awareness, education and advocacy about the needs of individuals with disabilities.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop, organize and coordinate activities related to ward and organizational goals.
- Ability to gather, document, analyze and interpret ward-related information.
- Knowledge of community resources, information and referral practices and problem solving techniques.
- Ability to participate in events, training sessions and meetings (flexible hours, including evenings and weekends) throughout the country and state.
- General word processing and computer knowledge.
- Willing to take phone calls after scheduled work hours when needed.
- Flexible Availability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
- At least two (2) years experience of planning, delivering and coordinating services for individuals with disabilities or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, good driving record, and current vehicle insurance coverage, which meet the specified requirements of EPI’s Driving Policy.
- Preferred but not required; own a cell phone with active plan to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- 40 hours a week.
- June 2022 start-date.
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting