Director of Development & Public Relations
Riverview Center has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Development & Public Relations! This position will be based in Waterloo or Cedar Rapids, IA and serve our 16 county IA/IL service area. The ideal candidate will have experience in development, fundraising, public relations or related fields and have a passion for our work.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package offered
Work Site: Waterloo or Cedar Rapids, IA
Supervisor: Executive Director
General Role Description:The Development Director coordinates work with the Executive Director, Directors Team and Board of Directors to implement a comprehensive development program. Provide vision and management of Riverview Center’s development and marketing strategies in the designated area of a 16-county region that includes rural and urban environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Executive Director and Board in the development of the major gift program including prospecting, cultivating, and renewing major individual gifts.
- Initiate and connect new donors to the mission of Riverview Center.
- Lead the development and cultivations of foundation and private support.
- Develop and maintain fundraising goals and objectives.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and implement current and new fundraising events.
- Attend and assist in leading the Development Committee meetings, special event committee meetings, all agency and staff meetings, management team meetings, et al as requested.
- Keep staff and Board of Directors informed of fundraising and development activities.
- Lead and coordinate fundraising events through the Board of Directors Development Committee and volunteer groups.
- Recruit, motivate and retain volunteers (non-40 hour trained) to assist with fundraising committees and events.
- Design and initiate agency public relations/media relations plan with Executive Director and management team.
- Maintain and update agency website and all social networking sites.
- Maintain agency mailing list.
- Responsible for donor recognition.
- Requires a minimum of a BA or BS in Public Communications/Development/Marketing or minimum of two years work related experience.
- Previous experience in working in donor relations and cultivation preferred.
- Self-directed with excellent planning and management skills.
- Ability to work across cultural lines with a strong appreciation and respect for the urban and rural needs of the service area.
- Experience in fundraising, donor solicitation, public relations and marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and manage complex interrelated tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must complete sexual assault and domestic violence training to meet legal requirements for confidentiality.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally, in and out of state. (Valid driver’s license and insured transportation.)
- Knowledge of general development concepts and principles.
- The ability to direct programs with a focus on quality and measurable outcomes.
- The creative energy and initiative to design and implement new fundraising ideas.
- Congenial work style.
- Commitment to the philosophy and program of Riverview Center, which includes helping to create a society free from violence.
Type of Employment: Full-Time