Chief Financial Officer
Goodwill Industries of Northeast Iowa, Inc. is in search of an Officer of Finance and Administration to work out of our headquarters located in Waterloo, Iowa. This position reports to the CEO with significant latitude for independent actions within the scope of the mission, guiding principles, values, ethics and strategic goals of Goodwill Industries of Northeast Iowa, Inc. This position oversees the employment and administration, marketing, accounting and quality assurance activities through the direct supervision of the Vice President of Employment and Administration, Vice President of Marketing, Controller, and Quality Assurance/Billing Manager. The Officer of Finance and Administration will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and other agency leaders to further the mission, vision, values, and both the short and long range strategic goals for the organization. Special projects and assignments will be completed for CEO approval.
- Direct supervision of the Vice President of Employment and Administration; Vice President of Marketing; Controller; and Quality Assurance/Billing Manager;
- Delegates authority and responsibility to team members under the direction of the CEO and keeps them informed of changes in policy and trends. Directs, coaches and guides them in their work in order to help them attain individual growth and departmental goals;
- Ensures the provision of leadership, guidance, and professional development for staff. Ensures the development of an annual staff development plan for all department positions supervised. Ensures the effective and timely training/professional development evaluation of all departmental staff;
- Directs and leads financial planning, reporting, and analysis across the organization. Leads the annual budget processes across the agency so the agency budget is complete by November 15th of each year;
- Ensures consistent and accurate reporting of all operational information within Finance and Administration;
- Monitors benchmarks to assist agency leaders in managing the fiscal disciplines of their functions. Train/partner with stakeholders to create understanding of key financial metrics and how to track financial targets/desired results;
- Maintains responsibility for agency wide cost control management; Works with direct reports to have short and long range plans for the Finance and Administration department;
- Works with agency leaders to ensure organizational equity and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations; safety, security, and quality standards/codes, and agency policy. Assist team members in understanding and complying with CARF standards;
- Works closely with agency Officers to support and enhance organizational activities. Maintains communicative relationships. Coordinates on all matters of mutual trust. Champions process improvement initiatives;
- Works collaboratively with all departments to maximize service opportunities and maintains a continuous improvement agenda;
- Is available during nontraditional hours including some weekend and evening periods;
- Serves as an emergency contact for agency locations in need of support outside regular business hours. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the duties/responsibilities for the Officer of Finance and Administration position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required. Five years of progressive accounting/finance experience and at least two years at a senior management level. Experience in the Human Services field or Non-profit organization preferred;
- Knowledge of GAAP standards and practices; Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills;
- Knowledge of financial systems, statements, and reports;
- Ability to make business, social, or civic contacts;
- Commitment to personal professional development and learning;
- Computer proficiency; Ability to handle and maintain confidential information;
- Possess a positive attitude and infect others with similar enthusiasm;
- Loyalty to the agency and its mission and policies;
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance;
- and ability to use good judgment, discretion, and initiative.
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- Competitive salary ($110,000 to $120,000 annually, depending on experience)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
Goodwill Industries of Northeast Iowa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type of Employment: Full-Time