Assistant Director of Alumni & Parent Relations
Function of Position:
Responsible to the director of alumni and parent engagement for assisting with the creation, implementation, and assessment of a constituent outreach program that engages alumni, parents, students, and friends of the college in such a way as to encourage them to participate in the life of, provide resources to, and promote the college.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and assessment of a comprehensive and strategic constituent outreach plan to effectively engage alumni, parents, and other key groups, including future alumni, in the life and advancement of the college. (10%)
- Assist with coordination, promotion, and execution of alumni, parent, student, and donor events including Homecoming & Family Weekend, Fall Kickoffs, 50-year reunion and others. Related duties include hosting events, engaging alumni volunteers, and collaborating with entities like food service, maintenance, on-campus departments, venues, etc. Promotion of events includes working with colleagues to develop mail, email, and social media event promotion strategies. (30%)
- Manage alumni student recruitment plan in collaboration with with admissions. Related duties include Alumni Referral Program, scholarship days, legacy visits, events, etc. (15%)
- Collaborate with other on campus departments to engage alumni in support of student success. Related duties could include, job shadow programs, mock interviews, mentorship programs, etc. (15%)
- Advise/manage student groups connected with alumni relations including alumni relations student interns, Homecoming Committee, and Students UKnight. (20%)
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of initiatives to enhance understanding of, and participation in, philanthropy among students and young alumni. This includes events like UKnight Day, UKnight pledge, Traditions Challenge, philanthropy week, etc. (10%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Employee works independently toward established objectives requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and resolves unusual cases in consultation with supervisor.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 1-3 years related experience in event planning, advising, and marketing where interpersonal skills and organizational skills are required. The Skills required include an appreciation of philanthropy; strong written and communication skills; aptitude and experience with computers and technology needed to meet objectives; ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments; ability to collaborate with others in a team environment; and a strong appreciation for the liberal arts college and mission. Work, including travel, is required on nights and weekends as necessary to fulfill position duties. A valid motor vehicle operation license is also required. Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree in student affairs/higher education.
Application Procedure:Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting