Job Title: Marketing Intern
Rate: This is a paid internship at $12/hour
Department: Economic Development
Reports to: The intern shall report to the VP Economic Development, with daily direction from the Digital Marketing Specialist and Communications Specialist
Employment Status: Paid part-time internship, non-exempt
Position Summary: We are seeking a results-oriented individual to assist support the economic team with digital and social media, and economic data research by assisting in building and executing marketing campaigns related to the quality of life content on Live the Valley and business community engagement on Grow Cedar Valley.
Grow Cedar Valley is a non-profit community organization tasked with supporting economic growth in the Cedar Valley as it relates to existing businesses and community members.
Live the Valley is a digital marketing movement led by Grow Cedar Valley, focused on celebrating and promoting the good people, great places and amazing opportunities in the Cedar Valley. Its primary goal is to attract new and retain talent to the Cedar Valley region to support economic growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and distribution of content on Grow Cedar Valley and Live the Valley social platforms. This may include but is not limited to copywriting, graphic design, post scheduling, photography/videography, newsletters
- Assisting with talent-related events and strategies that support Grow Cedar Valley’s economic development initiatives;
- Track and analyze digital and social media marketing including making necessary adjustments to reach targeted audiences;
- Assist in the collection and updating of data to maintain Economic Indicators on a biannual basis; and annual update of Community Fact Sheet; and special projects as requested;
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven competency in social/digital media including Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, with experience in website content management systems and email marketing systems.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to collaborate take direction and follow the Grow Cedar Valley and Live the Valley style guidelines.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work well under deadlines.
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Digital Media, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Web Management, Business Communications, or Marketing strongly preferred.
- Additional experience that may be beneficial includes photography and video production.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Transportation to and from work
- Position requires approximately 15-20 hours during Fall and Winter of 2019 and Spring of 2020, 20-30 hours per week for in the Summer of 2020.
- Work hours are flexible but within regular office hours of Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
About the Organization: Grow Cedar Valley is a private, not-for-profit corporation whose investors include businesses, institutions, local governments and professionals dedicated to continuously improving the economic environment and quality of life in the Cedar Valley. Grow Cedar Valley works to elevate the economic vitality of our businesses and communities through collaborative economic and community development throughout the Cedar Valley economic area.
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Internship