Marketing Associate and Social Media Manager
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Assistant Director for Marketing and Communication and Chief Communications Officer for social media communication and publication, marketing account management, writing, and editing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop strategies for, oversee management of, and coordinate and create content for official social media channels of the college (40%)
• Act as account executive for assigned campus departments and offices, shaping marketing and communication strategy and facilitating tasks, such as writing, design, publication, photography and other needs (30%)
• Write and edit copy for communication projects, including print and electronic publications, online initiatives, and other areas as assigned (15%)
• Produce electronic newsletters and email marketing pieces for campus clients and institutional marketing (10%)
• Other related duties as required (5%)
Employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures, while also taking direction from and collaborating with others, especially the Assistant Director for Marketing and Communication and Chief Communications Officer. Creatively solves problems and employs creativity in completing various assignments or undertakings. Employee prioritizes own work and refers unusual cases to supervisor.
Requires bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or a related area; two years’ experience, which may include as a student employee in a related field; excellent writing and editing skills, highlighted by confidence in a variety of styles (Associated Press, Chicago, general English grammar mechanics); experience creating content and developing the strategy for a brand/business/organization on social media; excellent interpersonal communication skills, including collaborating on projects; comfort working in e-newsletter and email marketing piece preparation and distribution; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time