Marketing and Merchandise Buyer, The Wartburg Store
Function of Position:
Responsible to Director of The Wartburg Store Manager to purchase general merchandise including apparel, supplies and gifts. Coordinates all promotions and events, maintains online store, and visual merchandising. Performance various duties in the day-to-day operation of the store.
This is a twelve-month, full-time position with hours that vary due to business need, 40 hours per week and expands due to seasonal demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General merchandise buying and promotion, before and after, and execution of all store events, sales, and activities. This includes, but not limited to, advertising, promoting, signage and public relations needs for all events. Create strong partnerships that increase the store’s viability (40%).
- Plan, coordinate and execute strong visual merchandising displays including the efficient placement and rotation of merchandise within displays (25%).
- Monitor purchase order, receiving and mail order activity within POS to maintain accuracy of physical inventory (20%).
- Assist with customer service experience, cash register reconciliation and student supervision and training (15%).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures and systems. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor. This position is expected to direct student employees so store operations can be completed.
- Requires knowledge equivalent to an Associate’s degree in business, merchandising or textiles or a related field and two years of relevant experience, preferably with retail experience. College degree preferred.
- Excellent marketing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Retail experience along with a strong desire to provide a high standard of customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, work effectively within tight deadlines and manage interruptions.
- Strong computer skills including data entry, word processing, Excel, and PhotoShop.
- Innovative thinker who can respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of visual design elements, including the ability to present merchandise in the most creative manner.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work during peak times.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time