Content Marketing Intern
Job Title: Content Marketing Intern (June 2020 – May 2021)
Rate: This is a paid internship at $12/hour
Reports to: The intern shall report to the Marketing Director, with additional daily direction from the Digital Marketing Specialist and VP of Economic Development.
Employment Status: Paid part-time Internship, non-exempt
Position Summary: We are seeking a results-oriented individual to assist the marketing and economic development team with the development and distribution of quality of life content; including building and executing marketing campaigns related to Cedar Valley quality of life content on Live the Valley and business community content on Grow Cedar Valley social and digital platforms. Additionally, the intern would assist with the collection and publication of economic data research.
Grow Cedar Valley is a non-profit community organization tasked with supporting economic growth in the Cedar Valley as it relates to existing businesses and community members.
Live the Valley is a digital marketing movement led by Grow Cedar Valley, focused on celebrating and promoting the good people, great places and amazing opportunities in the Cedar Valley. Its primary goal is to attract and retain talent to the Cedar Valley region to support economic growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and production of video – showcasing the Cedar Valley as a place to live and do business. This may include drone video, community member highlights, testimonials, community event recap, and promotion.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of content on Live the Valley and Grow Cedar Valley social platforms. This may include but is not limited to copywriting, graphic design, post scheduling, photography, newsletters, etc.
- Assist with talent-related events and strategies that support Grow Cedar Valley’s economic development initiatives;
- Assist in the collection and updating of data to maintain Economic Indicators report on a biannual basis, and annual update of Community Fact Sheet; and special projects as requested;
- All other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven competency in social/digital media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter, with experience in website content management systems and email marketing systems.
- Strong written, verbal communication, and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to collaborate, take direction, and follow the Grow Cedar Valley and Live the Valley style guidelines.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work well under deadlines.
- Candidates pursuing a degree in Digital Media, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Web Management, Business Communications, or Marketing strongly preferred.
- Additional experience that may be beneficial includes photography and video production.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Position requires approximately 20-30 hours per week for in the Summer of 2020 and 15-20 hours during Fall and Winter of 2020 and Spring of 2021.
- Work hours are flexible, regular office hours are Monday to Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Summer Friday hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day Weekend)
About the Organization: Grow Cedar Valley is a private, not-for-profit corporation whose investors include businesses, institutions, local governments and professionals dedicated to continuously improving the economic environment and quality of life in the Cedar Valley. Grow Cedar Valley works to elevate the economic vitality of our businesses and communities through collaborative economic and community development throughout the Cedar Valley economic area.
To Apply: Send an email of your resume to Aubree Green, director of marketing at email@example.com.
Type of Employment: Internship