Communications and Social Media Associate
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement and the Assistant Director of Marketing & Communication to assist with the general administrative operations of the Alumni & Development Offices, particularly those communication functions designed to engage alumni, parents, friends, and other key constituents in the advancement of the College. Collaborates with Marketing & Communication to plan and execute social media strategy. Demonstrates initiative and utilizes a broad set of organizational, communication and public relations skills while working effectively with minimum direct supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing & Communication
- Develop strategies for, oversee management of, and coordinate and create content for official social media channels that target alumni, parents, and friends of the college (40%)
- Coordinate updates to Alumni & Development websites, resulting in sites that effectively engage alumni, parents, friends, and other constituents in support of the College. (5%)
- Prepare electronic and print communications for donors, staff, alumni, parents, and volunteer leaders, in collaboration with Alumni & Development, and Marketing & Communication staff. (30%)
- Create online event registrations through Anthology and serve as the liaison between Anthology and the campus community. (10%)
- Manage a master communication plan and create strategies on how best to reach alumni, parents, friends of the College. (5%)
- Design and produce (gathering and editing content for) monthly e-newsletters sent to alumni, parents, and/or donors. (5%)
- Assist in the training and oversight of student employees working in the College’s e-communications system. (5%)
Employee will proceed independently, working toward objectives established in consultation with supervisor. Employee required to use of a wide range of procedures, prioritize own work and resolve unusual cases in consultation with supervisor.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in communication arts or related area and strong knowledge of marketing, communications, and/or public relations field (preferably with higher education or not-for-profits); demonstrated excellence in writing, editing and interpersonal communications, and working knowledge of communications and office technology including computers, digital communication software, website software, social media, etc. Experience working with a product like Anthology highly encouraged. Must demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects with accuracy in a deadline-driven environment, and to work as part of a team. Excellent organizational and administrative skills and the ability to plan and prioritize tasks. Must demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of philanthropy as well as a desire and commitment to further the mission of the College. Must possess the interest and ability to learn new skills required to remain current for the position, as well as initiative and judgment to execute responsibilities.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting