Shipping and Bindery Operator
The healthcare industry is rapidly changing. Patients want more personalized care and communication whether it’s sent to their mobile, laptop or mailbox. The patient/provider relationship has never been more important to practices. For more than 50 years, POS Professional Office Services, Inc. has worked with 30,000-plus medical practices to improve their patient communications and practice profitability! Our solutions include Print. Patient Payment Services. Digital Messaging. Patient Surveys. POS sets itself apart from the competition by integrating and branding all of a practice’s communications to create loyalty and better relationships with patients. To learn more about our dynamic privately held corporation, visit www.poscorp.com.
We are currently seeking candidates for a full-time position of Shipping/Bindery Operator at our production facility in WATERLOO, IOWA. This will involve a combination of two positions – Shipping Department & Bindery/Secondary Operations in our printing facility.
- Packages, seals, and labels printed products and stock items according to job tickets. Matches freight log and samples with job tickets. Processes special shipping instructions paying close attention to designated instructions when required.
- Operates Clipper Ship shipping system to accurately record freight, process and close out job tickets.
- Consolidates stock items so warehouse can pick stock items. Inputs information into general computer system for job completion.
Bindery/Secondary Operations Duties:
- Sets up and uses various machines for tasks involving sets of printed material, pamphlets, and other finishing operations of business forms.
- Checks for quality, counts or measures out job, in pre determined numbers. Wraps product in plastic using shrink-wrap machine, packs, labels and boxes products for final shipping.
- Chipboards and pads orders according to customer specifications.
- Inputs information on computer for job/operation completion.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- Previous shipping experience helpful.
- Good organizational and attention to detail.
- Use and understand how to use/read a measuring ruler.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Outstanding attendance record.
- Lifting requirement: up to 50 lbs.
Position normal hours will be: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Starting base hourly rate: $12.50 to $15.50 commensurate with experience.
POS offers excellent working conditions, competitive wage and benefit program including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug card, life & disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays. POS offers a Drug-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment background check and drug screen. EOE.
For immediate consideration email, fax or send resume with salary history/requirement to:
POS Professional Office Services, Inc.
2757 Burton Avenue
Waterloo, IA 50703
Type of Employment: Full-Time