Print Center Operator
Function of Position:
The Print Center Operator is responsible for the Print Center’s equipment operation and reports to the Print Center Manager, who reports to the Director of Marketing and Communication. This position works with students, team members, college employees, customers, clients, and guests of the college, delivering excellent customer service and treating all with respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate the high-speed copy and finishing equipment, using and printing from online order system, meeting all production schedules (50%)
- Ensure timely delivery of all finished jobs, and operation of the center according to posted hours (10%)
- Ensure equipment and appropriate supply inventory are properly maintained (10%)
- Monitor to ensure quality control; troubleshoot and research problems with equipment and supplies (8%)
- Train student employees on operating equipment, in cooperation with Print Center Manager (7%)
- Participate in staff meetings and maintain an orderly workspace, including counters, machinery, supplies, and storage (5%)
- Recommend equipment and procedures to make most safe and effective use of the campus printing environment (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
As much as possible, employee proceeds independently, working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures, and collaboration with Print Center Manager and Mailing Services Specialist. Creatively solves problems in completing various assignments or undertakings. Employee consults with supervisor on priorities.
Associate’s degree in business, communications, technology (or a related area) preferred, or equivalent experience; record of strong performance in customer service and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; knowledge of current technology and trends in high-speed printing and copying. Flexibility, creativity, problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude are essential to this position. This position requires the ability to lift and carry boxes of paper and a great deal of standing and walking to make deliveries across the campus.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time