Site Maintenance and Prep Coordinator
Position Title: Site Maintenance and Prep Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Reports To: Construction Manager
Position Description: The Site Maintenance and Prep Coordinator (SMPC) is responsible for property maintenance, construction prep and warranty work for Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity. The SMPC will work with the construction manager and other construction, neighborhood services and ReStore staff members to ensure all Iowa Heartland Habitat property is tracked, well-maintained, and cared for. The SMPC will work with the construction manager to prepare all job sites for new construction or renovation. Lastly, the SMPC will be responsible for warranty calls as needed on closed Iowa Heartland Habitat projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure building mechanicals and systems are in good working order on all Iowa Heartland Habitat owned properties including the office, warehouse, ReStore, and project sites.
- Keep accurate and timely maintenance records, property location maps, inspections and problems.
- Landscaping, mowing and snow removal on all Iowa Heartland Habitat owned properties.
- Assess warranty issues, concerns and repairs and respond in a timely manner.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date warranty database, including generating weekly reports submitted to the construction manager or neighborhood services manager detailing outstanding and completed warranty items.
- Work with construction manager to prepare job sites for new construction or renovation, including site prep for pulling permits, digging foundations, restoring homes, etc.
- Maintain exceptional relationships with staff, partner families, volunteers, inspectors, vendors, contractors, and all other key stakeholders.
- Respond to security and safety issues as needed.
- Assist construction and repair teams as requested during special events or peak building seasons.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Construction skills such as carpentry, painting, masonry, plumbing, roofing and welding.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety rules and construction safety standards.
- Exceptional driving record and experience safely operating heavy machinery.
- Friendly, with ability to build respect with coworkers, partner families, volunteers, contractors, and subcontractors of all backgrounds, cultures, races, genders and ethnicities.
- Dependable, hard-working, team-player with the ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity’s mission and principles.
- High school diploma required. Experience in property maintenance and construction preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the shift.
- Must be able to walk/stand for long periods.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach above head, climb, and use stairs.
- Ability to adapt to extreme hot or cold working conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to executive director, AliParrish, at email@example.com. Materials submitted through career websites will not be considered.
Iowa Heartland Habitat for Humanity promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Iowa Heartland Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
Type of Employment: Full-Time