Restoration Crew Chief
Monitors and inspects tasks for restoration jobs to ensure completion of drying, demolition and various restoration activities. Prepares and reviews documentation to include notes, photos and documents according to company policies and procedures. Explains processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to resolution in person to customers. Supervises technician(s) assigned to the job ensuring safety and operational standards are being followed and met during active jobs.
- Knowledge of disaster restoration industry
- Retrieve work orders, ensure appropriate equipment and supplies are loaded on truck needed for job, arrive to work site
- Complete assigned jobs according to company processes and carrier standards, maintain quality control, manage technician(s) assigned to job
- Perform daily monitoring and required activities on all active jobs to residential and/or commercial customers with a sense of urgency
- Explain processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to resolution in person to customers using printed materials as a guide
- Complete sketch and scope sheet for estimate, complete drying records using mobile software
- Inspect jobs after completion and obtain customer signatures for approval purposes, and requests payments when necessary
- Resolve issues with customers communicates customer issues, daily job activities with key company staff
- Prepare and or review documentation to include notes, photos and have documents signed by customer according to company policies using software to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies
- May train new technicians or key operational team members
- Ensure safety standards are being followed during all active jobs
- Experience with entering data using a tablet or mobile phone
- Report to work on time in a clean, complete uniform
- Read and follow product label usage instructions
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Good verbal and written and communication skills
- Role models customer service expectations with home owners, adjusters, vendors etc.
- Knowledge of disaster restoration or construction industry
- Proficient with using mobile software to enter data
- Must be able to prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Experience in training and managing others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communicates customer issues, job activities with key company staff
- Certifications are preferred, but not required:
- ASD – Applied Structural Drying Technician
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- OCT – Odor Control Technician
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration Technician
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time. Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Be exposed to various inside and outside working conditions: The change of environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Partial Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
- Opportunity to Advance
- Positive, Upbeat Workplace Culture
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting