Maintenance Technician I
The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
1. Ensure at all times operating principles are being adhered to:
a. Clean – Keep all areas clean and pristine.
b. Safe – Follow all safety policies and procedures.
c. Friendly - Use customer courtesy skills to provide superior guest service.
d. Fun – Have fun! Be interactive with all internal and external guests while maintaining professional standards.
2. Use the “WE CARE” formula to deliver the best experience to our guests:
a. Welcome – We treat strangers like friends and friends like family.
b. Excited – We are enthusiastic and eager. We perform at a level that exceeds guest expectations.
c. Comfortable – We provide a safe, relaxing and inviting environment.
d. Appreciated – We recognize the full value of our guests.
e. Respected – We see and value the uniqueness in each guest and approach each guests needs with dignity and integrity.
f. Entertained – We strive to deliver a valuable, enjoyable and delightful experience.
3. Adhere to department service standards of being accommodating, accurate and a problem solver.
4. Interact with all guests and employees to positively affect interactions with guests and employees, and demonstrate resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions. Work effectively and courteously with fellow employees.
5. Responsible for general maintenance of all facilities on property and the property itself.
6. Perform maintenance with guidance from supervisor or Tech III.
7. Responsible for general upholstery work and maintenance including furniture and for maintaining, repairing, and replacing gaming table layouts with instructions provided by a supervisor or Tech III.
8. Perform routine maintenance on the HVAC system, alarm system, and generators systems with instruction from supervisory personnel.
9. Perform painting, plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and other projects relating to maintenance of the property with guidance from supervisory personnel.
10. Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled.
11. Ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
12. Safely operate all types of hand tools, two-way radios, power tools, ladders and machinery (such as bucket truck, forklift, safety equipment etc.) that relate to the function of a maintenance shop.
13. Safe use of chemicals used in maintenance. Proper use of personal protective equipment.
14. Operate all lawn equipment including riding tracker, weed eater, golf cart, gators, sky track and perform basic grounds keeping.
15. Answer all calls promptly and maintain politeness; pay attention to the needs of employees and guests at all times.
16. Completes all company-required training within designated time frames.
17. Keep work area clean and organized.
18. Have complete knowledge of all casino events and promotional activities.
19. Comply with all policies and procedures established by Isle of Capri Casino and departmental management.
20. Understand and adhere to all Iowa Racing Gaming Commission regulations and any other applicable federal, state and/or local regulations.
21. Performs other duties as assigned or any reasonable request from any member of management.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
? May work in confined areas.
? Exposed to hot and cold temperatures.
? Exposed to varied weather conditions, fumes and chemicals used in maintenance.
? Physical requirements-stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands to arms; balance; stoop, kneel, bend or crouch; climb; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
o Standing & Walking
o Lifting (75lbs. overhead, arm’s length, up to 75lbs.)
o Bending & Stretching
o Pulling & Pushing (up to 250 lbs.)
o Climbing & Reaching
? Able to work varied hours which include nights, weekends and holidays.
? Ability to communicate effectively with guests and all levels of employees.
? Ability to work in a brightly lit, smoke filled casino environment with above average noise levels.
? No minimum required.
? Zero to two years’ experience in facilities maintenance or a combination of education/experience.
? Knowledge of OSHA required standards and safety requirements. Knowledge of personal protective equipment.
? Basic knowledge of HVAC system, alarm system, and generators.
? Basic knowledge of painting, plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and other projects relating to maintenance of the property.
? Ability to perform painting, plumbing, electrical work, carpentry, and other projects relating to maintenance of the property with guidance from supervisory personnel.
? Valid driver’s license and maintain motor vehicle record.
? Ability to read, write, and understand simple instructions and building plans in English.
? Ability to use all necessary tools and equipment to perform maintenance functions.
? Ability to use all equipment associated with the position, including, but not limited to, computer keyboard and telephone.
? Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressure in a fast-paced interruptive environment.
? Must be able to obtain and maintain valid Gaming license.
? Must be able to receive and maintain all required certification.
? Must complete all required company training.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting