General Maintenance Coordinator
Title of Position – General Maintenance Coordinator
Preparation Date: January 2021
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Maintenance and Cleaning for oversight and direction of maintenance functions related to the physical plant to ensure staff provide safe, clean, attractive facilities for students, staff and public. This includes all buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment. Position is responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant work orders, ensuring availability of required equipment, and ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper, and timely manner using approved supplies. Provide direction to all areas for improving the college campus environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the supervision of the daily maintenance of college buildings and grounds within the confines of an annual budget.
- Assist in onboarding and training of employees.
- Oversee the inventory of maintenance supplies, and replacement materials and equipment.
- Ensure college compliance with State of Iowa Life Safety Code.
- Assist the Director in planning and implementing summer maintenance projects.
- Coordinate set-up for special events.
- Maintain a complete employee right-to-know program.
- Oversee the hazardous waste disposal program as it applies to the maintenance area.
- Maintain records for state, federal, and insurance inspections for buildings and equipment.
- Review and assist with the approval of purchases for the maintenance department.
- Serve as an administrator of the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) work order system and track work completion of O&M activities. Evaluate, refine, and adjust resource allocation as appropriate to address college priorities while ensuring quality and responsiveness of O&M activities.
- Oversee the maintenance of college vehicles.
- Respond to after-hour calls for service or repairs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director.
Employee proceeds independently working toward established objectives, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and resolves unusual cases in consultation with supervisor.
Knowledge equivalent to an Associate degree, 10 years job related experience, and 3 years leadership experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn additional computer systems. Strong commitment to customer service, and excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated knowledge and experience in mechanics, carpentry, electrical, and facility upkeep. Must be able to read and interpret documents and safety rules; calculate figures and interpret budgets. Requires previous leadership experience; good oral and written communication skills with faculty, staff, and students; good close and distance vision, color vision and depth perception. The position requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, and using hands.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time