Certified Ford Technician
At Bill Colwell Ford, we work hard to make our customers happy by providing high-quality and prompt service on their vehicles. Our service technicians play a crucial role in customer satisfaction by solving problems and preventing future difficulties for customer vehicles.
As a Ford technician, you will be responsible for resolving problems presenting in a variety of vehicles by checking any customer vehicle concerns, accurately prescribing correct repair actions, and promptly delivering the required service.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Ford-certified technician to start a fulfilling career with Bill Colwell Ford in Hudson, Iowa, just outside of Waterloo/Cedar Falls. Apply on our website today!
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Fill out all forms and inspection sheets properly, noting any concerns
- Communicate with Service Advisors on any issues or concerns that arise
- Ensure high quality service is provided to every customer
- Stay up to date with Ford Technician Training and anything required by the dealership
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional working environment
- Generate pride and commitment within the Service Department that creates a team atmosphere both within the Service Department and across other departments
- Ford transmission certification
- General automotive knowledge and understanding
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and effectively work with a team
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Basic computer competence
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Competitive Pay with Performance-Based Benefits
Type of Employment: Full-Time