Automotive Service Technician/Mechanic
We are a family owned and operated Ford dealership that has been serving the Cedar Valley for over 35 years. We believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person like a valuable part of the team. Each team member can take advantage of our ongoing training programs, advancement opportunities and progressive culture.
- $500 Sign-on Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Flex Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Training
- Competitive Pay with Performance-Based Benefits
- State-of-the-art, Brand New Facility with Air-Conditioning & New Equipment
- Uniforms Provided
- Employee Discounts on Products & Services
- Continued Education, Manufacturer Hands-on & Web Based Training
- Clean and Professional Work Environment
At Bill Colwell Ford, we work hard to make our customers happy by providing high-quality and prompt service on their vehicles. Our service technicians play a crucial role in customer satisfaction by solving problems and preventing future difficulties for customer vehicles.
As a technician/mechanic, you will be responsible for resolving problems presenting in a variety of vehicles by checking any customer vehicle concerns, accurately prescribing correct repair actions, and promptly delivering the required service.
This is an opportunity for an experienced technician to start a fulfilling career with Bill Colwell Ford in Hudson, Iowa, just outside of Waterloo/Cedar Falls.
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Fill out all forms and inspection sheets properly, noting any concerns
- Communicate with Service Advisors on any issues or concerns that arise
- Ensure high quality service is provided to every customer
- Stay up to date with Ford Technician Training and anything required by the dealership
- Maintain a clean, organized, and professional working environment
- Generate pride and commitment within the Service Department that creates a team atmosphere both within the Service Department and across other departments
- Experienced automotive knowledge and understanding
- Preference for Ford Motor Company training, but will accept other manufacturer training
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and effectively work with a team
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Basic computer competence
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Type of Employment: Full-Time