SQL Development Database Administrator
The SQL Development Database Administrator will provide CBE internal and external clients with support on existing applications. This position will assist with maintaining IT department’s number one goal of all systems up and running and designing new database and changes to existing databases. The SQL Development Database Administrator will develop ETL processes to support internal and external client needs and perform database administration on multiple database servers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for 24x7 availability of mission critical databases in production environments, including troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- This on call responsibility is a rotating basis with other Database Administrators.
- Maintain and support MS SQL Servers with databases used for production, staging and development.
- Implement and support MS SQL Servers Database systems, reporting services and integration services on windows servers.
- Install, tune, maintain and monitor MS SQL Server databases, products and services including, but not limited to, storage management, database performance tuning, database software debugging, backup and recovery and change/configuration management.
- Work closely with technical and client management to implement SQL Server databases, associated support tools and processes in support of complex business application development requirements and processes. This includes participating in requirement analysis discussions and presenting efficient technical solutions.
- Build strong partnerships with internal and external clients.
- Create and maintain documentation on databases and processes. This includes but is not limited to documenting database operations standards, data standards, and procedures.
- Install software upgrades, manage hardware upgrades, and maintain computer servers used in the production, staging, and development environments.
- Develop and maintain replication processes, used for several environments.
- Maintain maintenance plans including backup and recovery.
- Collaborate and assist development staff in testing of processes and troubleshooting process issues. This includes updating and optimizing existing simple to complex stored procedures.
- Implement information security policies and procedures for the organization. Also assist in identifying protection goals and objectives consistent with corporate strategic plan, along with identifying key security program elements.
- Research new technologies and develop recommendations for the adaption of the technologies.
- Performance tune SQL queries and tables which may include creating/maintaining database index optimizations.
- Create and modify SSIS packages to perform maintenance and data transformations. This includes building, maintaining, and deploying the SSIS/ETL processes into different environments.
- Isolates and resolves deficiencies and implements corrective modifications. This includes but is not limited to troubleshooting and optimizing stored procedures and queries performances using SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, DBCC
- Commands, Database Engine Tuning Advisor and Execution plans.
- Coordinate’s activities to support program activities with database requirements.
- Assist in developing, evaluating, and selecting alternatives to meet customer requirements. This would include but is not limited to developing and maintaining efficient, well documented custom SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers using
- Microsoft T-SQL in accordance with defined business rules and requirements to support application development
Identify interoperability issues and recommends resolution strategies.
- Optimize database design and manages data integrity which would include recommending query and index improvements in application to increase performance and upon approval working on said improvements
- Maintain technical and end user documentation manuals for current databases
- Conduct end-user training on use of databases as required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements essential.
- Fix issues that arise in production quickly and efficiently while still adhering to coding and security standards
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for new system processes or enhancements.
- Database object development including stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Provide regular project and time accounting
- Understand, adhere to, and implement coding and security standards.
- The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- BS/BA or equivalent from four-year college in Computer Science or Mathematics required
- Analyze end-user needs and design, coding, testing software to satisfy demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly with all business users and project managers
- Up to 5 years of SQL Server database administration
- Up to 5 years of SQL Server database development
- Up to 5 years of SQL Server Integration Services development
- Knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server and technologies
- Knowledge of T-SQL and developing complex database queries
- Experience working with large databases with high number of transactions
- Understands and use SQL best practices regarding security and privacy of data
- Skills with developing SQL views, common table expressions (CTEs) and stored procedure to combine/aggregate data needed for reporting purposes
- Knowledge of performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedures and indexing strategies
- Knowledge of designing and creating new and modifying existing SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Experience with .NET programming languages
- Experience with third party SSIS Components is a plus
- You must be able to obtain government clearance after hire
- US Citizenship is required by the US government in order to obtain government clearance.
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Background checks and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting