Software Developer II
LocateSmarter currently has an opening for a Software Developer II. LocateSmarter is an affiliate of CBE Companies, Inc. offering batch skip tracing products through an easy-to-use, online data management platform. With a click of the mouse, you can manage your skip tracing workflow(s) and LocateSmarter products, ensuring you remain agile and strategic in an ever-changing environment.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Responsible for designing and developing web-based applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques.
• Partners with infrastructure and architectural leads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
• Under the guidance of IT Management and experienced IT staff, provide LocateSmarter clients with support on existing applications.
• Assist with maintaining IT department’s number one goal of all systems up and running.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage projects for new systems or upgrades to existing systems. Both in-house systems as well as vendor chosen solutions.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of existing internal processes and applications and propose solutions and opportunities for automation and audit controls.
• Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures. Make suggestions for improvement in these areas.
• Actively participate in a code review process to ensure that other developers are meeting requirements and following the appropriate standards.
• Provide technical documentation for new system processes or enhancements.
• Serve as a mentor to other developers/programmers.
• Work with and mentor interns and new developers to explain company standards and help bring them up to speed on company practices.
• Train other developers on best practices, company standards and procedures.
• Provide assistance and expertise in implementing, developing, and troubleshooting systems.
• Create builds for deployment.
• Provide regular project and time accounting.
• Understand, adhere to and implement coding and security standards.
• Monitoring production processes for any inconsistencies and errors that arise
• Work with clients to interpret requirements
• Database architecture design and development as needed to support new functionality required by our clients
• Refactoring code as necessary to improve design and efficiency, and to meet new coding standards
• Provide accurate time and work effort estimates for planning and prioritization of projects
• Provide consultative input on the future evolution of deployed technologies.
• Monitor and assist with deployments of code to ensure that deployments go smoothly and potential issues are addresses promptly.
• Perform after hours and weekend support including on-call support
• Assist in managing vendor or contract personnel. This includes reviewing business and technical documentation, validating delivered code, ensuring requirements are being met and coding standards are being followed.
• Designs and develops application integration between systems.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
• Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift.
• Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings.
• Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine.
• Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work related inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry standard certifications a plus.
• Analyze end-user needs and design, coding, testing software to satisfy demand.
• Experience in providing support and counsel in the relationship between internal software users and their software vendors. Coordinate with software vendors and end users to create specifications for customization requests and testing of software releases.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Proven Project Management skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly with all business users and project managers
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• 3 to 7 years experience in development programming with one or more of the below concentrations:
• SQL Focus: SQL Server RDBMS and T-SQL, VB .NET, ASP .NET OR C#.NET OR ADO .NET, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), IIS, Windows Service, MSMQ, web services (SOAP, REST), WSDL, COM+, XML, XSL, .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR), Assembly, Security Policy and interoperability
• ETL Focus: SQL Server RDBMS and T-SQL, VB .NET, ASP .NET OR C#.NET OR ADO .NET, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), IIS, Windows Service, MSMQ, web services (SOAP, REST), WSDL, COM+, XML, XSL, .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR), Assembly, Security Policy and interoperability, macros, UDFs, , data profiling methods, ETL tools: Oracle, Delphi, SSIS or Pervasive
• UI Focus: VB .NET, ASP .NET OR C#.NET OR ADO .NET, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), IIS, Windows Service, MSMQ, web services (SOAP, REST), WSDL, COM+, XML, XSL, .Net Common Language Runtime (CLR), Java, MVC (Model View Controller).
• In depth knowledge of :
• Object oriented programming and relational database technologies.
• Writing database objects such as stored procedures.
• Version and revision control practices and procedures.
• Prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Working in a collaborative environment.
• System programs/services and their interaction
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Background check and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time