Software Developer I
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
· Responsible for designing and developing web-based and client server applications by using requirements analysis and design techniques.
· Partners with infrastructure and architectural leads to ensure that the applications meet company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
· Under the guidance of IT Management and experienced IT staff, provide CBE internal and external clients with support on existing applications.
· Assist with maintaining IT department’s number one goal of all systems up and running.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage projects for new systems or upgrades to existing systems. Both in-house systems as well as vendor chosen solutions.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of existing internal processes and applications and propose solutions and opportunities for automation and audit controls.
· Fix issues that arise in production quickly and efficiently while still adhering to coding and security standards
· Provide and maintain technical documentation for new system processes or enhancements.
· Database object development including stored procedures, functions and triggers
· Integrate vendor software with existing systems
· Provide regular project and time accounting
· Understand, adhere to and implement coding and security standards.
· Perform after hours and weekend on-call support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution (scheduled on a rotating basis).
· Assist in managing vendor or contract personnel. This includes reviewing business and technical documentation, validating delivered code, ensuring requirements are being met and coding standards are being followed
· The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
· Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
o Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift.
o Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings.
o Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine.
o Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work related inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry standard certifications is a plus.
· Analyze end-user needs and design, code, test software to satisfy demands.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
· Ability to communicate clearly with all business users and project managers
· SQL Developer Focus
o Up to 2 years T-SQL development (stored procedures, views, complex queries)
o Up to 2 years developing with SQL Server Integration Services
o Database design and implementation experience a plus
o Ability to perform database tuning of complex queries
o Understands and use SQL best practices regarding security and privacy of data
o Knowledge of .NET programming languages
· UI Developer Focus
o Up to 2 years of .NET development with VB or C#
o Up to 2 years of ASP.NET development
o Up to 2 years of MVC development
o Ability to develop web APIs
o Object oriented programming and relational database technologies.
o Knowledge of SQL Server databases and best practices
· You must be able to obtain government clearance after hire.
· US Citizenship is required by the US government in order to obtain government clearance.
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Background checks and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting