*Accepting entry-level to experienced applicants*
This professional level position will analyze application system needs of various business areas within the organization and design application systems which meet business needs that are efficient, dependable, maintainable and consistent with existing standards across various technology platforms. This is an expert level analyst/designer position whereby the incumbent will receive minimal supervision and work guidance from Information Technology management. Assignments will be complex, with broad scope and significance, and include a deep understanding of multiple application systems and interfaces. This position will also mentor other professional staff by providing guidance to improve productivity through the effective and efficient use of information technology tools and skills. Provides leadership to Development Team members. The incumbent must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Framework General Profile and Scope
(Standard criteria based on job factors for the career track / level)
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions and approaches changes with flexibility
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
Within the following job responsibilities, this position will typically spend 30% of their time coding, testing, and documenting, and 70% of their time on analysis/design activities.
- Analyzes the needs of a business area’s acceptance criteria, striving for the development of efficient, dependable, maintainable applications logic to support the business need. This analysis and design is usually done under the general direction of Information Technology management and/or expert level professional staff including Applications Analyst/Designers.
- Designs, interprets and/or refines the acceptance criteria, and generating value add documentation.
- Tests and debugs production programs and programs under development, particularly more complex modules, to isolate and eliminate problems that could be very costly in adverse public relations, lost productivity within the Company, wasted resources, etc. This may require working directly with other technical staff and business departments in identifying problems and modifications
- Designs and codes the program logic necessary to meet the application needs of complex systems and/or multiple systems. Program design must be consistent with the specifications, standards, and existing programs to enable effective maintenance of the system. Code must be developed in a manner that is straightforward, clear and consistent with existing programs within the system and in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The incumbent will demonstrate leadership in the use of the SDLC.
- Resolves production problems that create system outages, determines underlying cause of outage and addresses it to prevent future occurrences. Implements program logic, documentation, and procedural changes on schedule and according to an established implementation plan.
- Works with others to increase availability and performance of production systems. Serves as an internal technical consultant regarding the coding, testing, debugging, and installation of application logic, as well as looks for ways to improve processes. Identifies and takes action on business continuous improvement initiatives. Leads by example when demonstrating customer focus, which includes providing service to clients that meets or exceeds expectations. Continually evaluates work processes by looking for ways to eliminate nonessential tasks and improving quality. Contributes positively to the team by performing daily work in a professional manner and treating co-workers as clients. Makes decisions that increase customer satisfaction and develops/maintains business-specific knowledge. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced programmers.
- The above list of responsibilities is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
(List of general education, background and experience, knowledge, skills and abilities typically required to effectively perform the responsibilities of the job. Also include any required licenses and/or designations.)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or equivalent experience in education and/or related professional work experience
- Proven ability to problem solve effectively in unfamiliar situations, analyze issues and think through resolution in a logical manner
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate peer leadership and provide mentorship for programmers/analysts and provide a high level of customer service
- Proven ability to work on a Development Team, and step outside of typical job duties to help the team complete Sprint or Kanban Commitments.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical users, both verbally and in writing
Physical Job Analysis: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
Type of Employment: Full-Time