Manager, Infrastructure and IT Sourcing
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Define technology sourcing strategies for IT products, services, solutions and digital platforms aligned to business unit objectives and priorities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to lead sourcing programs, including collaborative relationships throughout the organization
- Develop and manage a high-performance infrastructure technology team responsible for supporting all technology supplier-related and sourcing-related functions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends that have an impact on the technology sourcing strategy, through external advisory services, internal vendor management teams and good working relationships with existing and emerging strategic vendors used by the enterprise.
- Present all pertinent supplier and/or industry trends to stakeholders and immediate management, and proposing updates and improvements to existing strategies.
- Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure to ensure we meet our number one goal of all systems up and running.
- Manages and coordinates voice, network and data information systems and staff.
- Lead the Application Administration team in maintaining the suite of company/department applications.
- Guide the staff, with operational direction, in the implementation of assigned projects.
- Mentor the staff by discussing their strengths and weaknesses on an ongoing basis, rather than annually during the review process to help them succeed and grow as an employee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, recommend and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Supervise the installation, upgrading and daily maintenance of software applications used by the organization.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Process, manage, and organize projects and tickets in everyday workflow.
- Assist with analyzing the structure and flow of the business’ work to identify possible application solutions to determine if software can be applied to make the business more efficient and successful.
- Oversee providing Tier 2/3 technical support and problem resolution related to business application software systems and infrastructure related system issues.
- Provide daily support as needed to the Infrastructure and Application Administrator teams.
- Ensure systems are performing as required by the business
- Working with Technical Support team, guide Infrastructure and Application Administration teams in troubleshooting performance issues and tuning systems to meet performance requirements.
- Actively participate as an equal member of the IT departmental team, and any other CBE teams/projects to which assigned.
- Review and ensure compliance with all Software and Hardware Licensing as it relates to core Infrastructure or Servers
- Identify and coordinate process improvement projects.
- Monitors compliance with information security policies and procedures, referring problems to the appropriate department manager
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained
- Assists in preparing and maintaining the IT Resumption plan
- The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work related inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- BS/BA Degree
- 10 years of IT experience including an in-depth working knowledge of personal computers, computer hardware and software and a demonstrated capacity to lead in a highly team oriented environment.
- Experience in project management
- Knowledgeable on security access technologies
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Background checks and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time