IT Business Support Analyst
CBE Companies is looking to fill an IT Business Support Analyst I located in our Cedar Falls, IA office, where we are proud to be a 2020 Cedar Valley Employer of Choice, a Training Magazine Top 100, and Top 20 Companies at InHerSight!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
• Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements.
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Conduct post-project reviews and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
• Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of information and technology system investments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain documentation on databases and processes.
• Maintaining documentation of daily production processes
• Work with clients, business teams and technical teams to define business needs or create new business opportunities and implement innovative solutions that meet business objectives. Translate business and technical requirements into Business Analysis deliverable documents.
• Participate in external client and vendor meetings, including requirements gathering, project status updates, issue management/resolution, and training sessions.
• Write and maintain detailed requirement documents through the project lifecycle by establishing and maintaining agreements between the customer and the project team.
• Authors User Acceptance Test scenarios, reviews test plans with delivery teams to ensure product will meet all acceptance criteria and may perform testing as necessary.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Identify opportunities where information assets can be utilized to further business and technology strategies.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing business and project demands.
• Assist in system design proposals.
• Ability to run effective meetings.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Basic understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Logical and efficient.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team environment and cross-functionally across the organization.
• Ability to work with customers and end-users, understand their business practices, and manage their expectations.
• Ability to estimate solution costs and benefits and build a business case for implementation.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with direction
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Highly self-motivated.
• Ability to conduct research in business systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to perform routine strategy maintenance
• Ability to use basic programs to manipulate accounts per operational needs
• Ability to identify and create processes using basic programs eliminating the need to involve programming resources
• The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
• Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
o Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift.
o Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings.
o Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine.
o Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work related inquiries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
• BA/BS in Business or IS related field preferred
• Up to 2 years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and/or hardware solutions, systems, or products preferred
• High level of understanding of software design concepts and general technology concepts.
• You must be able to obtain government clearance after hire.
• US Citizenship is required by the US government in order to obtain government clearance.
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Background check and drug testing required.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting