IT Business Analyst
Function of Position:
The IT Business Analyst works as part of the application systems team in Information Technology Services to design, test, install and support academic and administrative computer application software systems. This person also trains staff and faculty in the use of those systems. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Director of IT Application Services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Work with faculty and staff to evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas of improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Perform requirements analysis working as a liaison between ITS and the subject matter experts. Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies. Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings. Serve as project manager when necessary to move solutions forward. (40%)
2) Within administrative software systems, design, test, install and maintain configurations necessary to meet the application software needs of the academic and administrative departments of the college. Participates in the quality assurance of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized. Participates in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use. Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards. (20%)
3) Analyze and resolve computer application problems as quickly and accurately as possible minimizing any outage and any adverse impact on college operations. Provide technical support for faculty and staff using application software to help make their computing environment as integrated, seamless, and easy-to-use as possible and to help them develop self-sufficiency. (20%)
4) Thoroughly document program logic, procedures, and business recovery plans so that the documentation is readily understood by others working on the system. (10%)
5) Train faculty and staff in the appropriate use of application and desktop software.(5%)
6) Stay current on information technology through reading, attending professional development workshops, conferences, and other educational opportunities. (5%)
As a member of the Applications team, the employee works independently toward general objectives set by the supervisor using a wide range of latitude and procedures. Employee prioritizes own work and resolves all but the most unusual without consultation with supervisor.
Regular working schedule for this position is 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday. After successful onboarding is complete, the schedule is flexible allowing different start/end times with the possibility of 4 x 10-hour days or up to 2 days a week of remote work with the expectation to live within a commutable distance.
• Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. Two years of related experience is preferred.
• SQL knowledge preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to solve technical problems and to understand the needs and problems of the clients.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, duties, and responsibilities while working both independently and with a team.
• Excellent interpersonal relation and communication skills to consult effectively with faculty and staff in a customer-focused manner.
• Highly self-motivated with strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting