Human Resource Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Application Deadline: 4:00 PM, Monday, April 19, 2021
Application Deadline: 4:00 PM, Monday, April 19, 2021
The responsibilities listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position category. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform administrative duties for the HR Office. This individual will be the key point of contact for this responsibility. Field incoming phone calls and in person inquiries
- Assist HR Coordinator with job descriptions and job vacancies
- Assist HR Coordinator with ongoing searches to include but not limited to committee instruction, scheduling interviews
- Manage and coordinate the exit interview process
- Perform human resource functions in conjunction with other Human Resource staff which includes but not limited to process leave requests, hiring process of recruitment and selection, new hire orientation, etc.
- Assist with the management of policy and procedural handbook management which includes yearly compliance reviews
- Develop a revised onboarding process to include new employee check-ins
- Update and maintain employee data in the Ellucian Colleague information management system
- Compliance Management
- Assist with development of an employee training and development platform
- Serve as a key team member in implementing EAP Wellness program
- Serves actively on HCC and external committees to which appointed
- Participate in professional development of enhanced training to advance skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to position
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of HR
- Associate degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organizational Development or related field and a minimum of 1-year experience in human resources, higher education, or in a business setting OR a combination of education and related experience to equal three years
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, GoogleDocs, GoogleDrive, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience with electronic document imaging and management systems, web-based applicant tracking, position management, and performance management applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team environment
- Strong organization skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, able to multi-tasks and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organizational Development or related field
- Certification as PHR or SPHR preferred
- Previous experience with Ellucian Colleague HRIS desired.
- HRIS/payroll software experience preferred
Full time with comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; personal and sick leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a cover letter that briefly addresses:
- Your work experience with customer service, human resources and/or administrative duties.
- Software you competently use and the types of professional documents you have produced (e.g., spreadsheets, PowerPoint, database).
- Your work experience related to handling confidential information
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.
Working conditions: Requires skills for succeeding in a classroom and/or clinical environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
Work is performed in an office setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with student, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computers.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting