Weekend Package CNA (Grundy Center, IA)
Western Home is seeking a caring Weekend Package Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) in our Grundy Center location (Creekside Living), that will truly love what they do and love where they work. If you are caring, kind, respectful, and have a servant heart and spirit- we invite you to connect with us. You will have the opportunity to improve your direct care skills and assist residents with personal cares, household duties such as laundry and meals, and other duties to ensure the household runs efficiently. You will truly make a difference in the lives of the people around you. Perks of this opportunity include a flexible schedule, attendance bonus, autonomous and innovative environment, supportive team members and much more!
What you'll do:
- Provide care to residents under the supervision of the nurse and support of your team
- Provide physical support for residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing, or exercising.
- Assists with organizing, cleaning, laundry, meals and other assigned tasks
- Promptly answer residents calls for assistance and provide compassionate care that is in alignment with their specific care plan
- Chart resident interactions throughout shift and communicate efficiently with the members of your team
- Ensures that resident’s rights are adhered to
- Must possess a current active license to practice as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in Iowa.
- Able and willing to work at minimum, a total of twenty-four (24) hours each weekend. "Weekend" means the hours between 6:00 am on Friday and 6:30 an on Monday.
- Understanding that the weekend shift scheduling includes the ability and flexibility to work all shifts, as you will be scheduled on an as-needed basis each weekend
- Experience/ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
- Strong commitment to helping others
- Servant Spirit
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Prior Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) experience preferred, but not required.
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- focus' on the details of work
Clinical Onboarding (2 day on the job training in person)
(Full-time) Health, Dental and Vision
Employee Assistance Program
Alternate wage scale available for those who choose to waive benefits
And much more!
If you feel like you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this opportunity within Western Home Communities- we would love to talk!
Western Home Communities is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). That means we offer residential living for seniors at every stage of health, activity and independence, from those who need no assistance, to others who require round-the-clock nursing care. This is often referred to as the continuum of care.
Western Home Communities is a charitable Christian Service Organization that assertively creates fulfilling lifestyles for those we serve, their families and our employees.
The ideal candidate for this position supports the Western Home Communities values of people first, servant spirit, innovation and financial integrity.
We offer an array of living options, care, and services for the well-being of our clients.
Join our team to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting