Surgical Technologist - OR
Our Operating Room is a busy 9 suite department that performs a variety of surgical cases in the following specialty areas: Cardiothoracic, Vascular, Robotics, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Neurosurgery, Urology, Podiatry, and Plastics. We offer opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth related to the perioperative arena and are very proud of our structured and robust orientation program centered around the Periop 101 program through AORN – The Association for Perioperative Registered Nurses. If you are a person who lovers variety in your work and appreciates great teamwork, the OR may be the right fit for you.
The Surgical Technologist II functions as a member of the surgical team to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical, therapeutic, and diagnostic procedures. Collaborates with the team to ensure that the operating room environment is safe, that instrumentation functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Proficient in the role of first or second scrub person, or assistant circulator during procedures within one specialty area.
- Requires high school diploma or GED and graduation from a nationally accredited surgical technology program. .
- Internal applicants, in good standing, with 3 or more year of recent operating room experience, who are eligible for certification, will be considered in place of education requirement for completion of surgical technology program.
- Certified through a national certifying body. Must maintain active certification throughout employment.
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
- Flexibility in accepting assignments and works well as a team member and individual.
- Ability to perform under time constraints.
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting