Phlebotomist - Donor Specialist 2 - Full Time
Your Blood. Your Hospital. Your Neighbors
Join our team and help save lives! No experience necessary! ALL PAID TRAINING PROVIDED! Great pay while receiving valuable training in a health care related field. Whether you are just entering the workforce or have experience, but you're seeking change.
Minimum starting wage is $16.45 per hour based on flexibility of schedule. Typical promotion at 6-8 months.
All training is provided for you to…SAVE LIVES WITH US! Did you know LifeServe Blood Center is the SOLE provider of blood to more than 120 local hospitals in Iowa, Nebraska, and South Dakota?
Just some of our BENEFITS:
- Medical coverage starts as low as $27.29 per month
- Generous paid time off for both part-and full-time
- 50% tuition reimbursement
- Employer-matching retirement contributions
- Free life insurance
- Free accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Free short-term disability insurance
- Free long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental accident insurance
- Supplemental critical illness insurance
- Additional shift differential is available for hours worked after 6:00 PM
- Great team to work with while helping to save lives!
Training for primary responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with and registering our lifesaving donors
- Convey the big picture of saving lives to everyone
- Performing medical history screenings
- Performing phlebotomy blood draws
- Assisting with mobile and donor center setups and tear downs
Hours and days will vary between the range listed below.
- Monday through Friday - 5 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Saturday of every month
Education and/or experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous phlebotomy or healthcare experience preferred but not required
- Experience in retail, customer service, food service or restaurant is valued
- Shifts may require long periods of standing/walking
- Follow all training and operating procedures
- Professional, courteous behavior at all times
- Demonstrate qualities of integrity and commitment to the organization’s mission
Offers of employment are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment, post offer drug testing and background checks
LifeServe Blood Center is fully committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Type of Employment: Full-Time