Patient Care Tech
Area: Resource Pool, 3 Medical, 4 Surgical, ICU and 3 Heart
Hours: 1900-0730; weekend/holiday rotation
Sign on Bonus for full-time
Our Patient Care Techs play a vital role in caring for patients and supporting our nursing team.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is responsible for a variety of tasks and services to assist in the provision of care and comfort for patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). Reports and records observations and contribute to the efficient functionality of the department.
- Completion of nursing assistant or equivalent course.
- This position does not get reported with Direct Care Workers (DCW).
- Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
- Multicultural sensitivity.
- Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
- Customer/patient focused.
- Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
- Capable of continuous monitoring of up to 15 patients on one screen at one time and remaining alert at all times while on duty.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients using a microphone and headset.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting