Hawkeye Community College is a comprehensive community college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body. Hawkeye Community College has more than 50 career and technical programs and liberal arts transfer program. The nursing department is seeking a full-time faculty member to provide high-quality instruction. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. Teaching assignments may include days and evenings, and various sites and formats (face-to-face, distance learning). A full-time teaching load of 15 credit hours per term is typical.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Experience with or commitment to various instructional modalities such as computer-medicated instruction.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are appropriate for meeting stated objectives, assessing accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and providing progress reports as requested and required.
- Formulates and maintains curriculum for assigned courses.
- Supervises and advises students.
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the Dean, nursing administrative chair, other faculty, the Advisory Committee, all divisions of the College, prospective employers, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with progression toward a Master’s Degree in Nursing.
- Three years of recent successful clinical experience in nursing.
- Registered Nurse with a current, unencumbered license in Iowa or Iowa eligible.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrates ability to provide excellent customer service, maintain student confidence and protect operational integrity.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse populations (faculty, staff, students, and general public).
- Master’s or Doctorate in Nursing.
- Current CPR, First Aid, ACLS, PALS, and Mandatory Reporter certifications.
- Medical surgical, pediatric, obstetrics, or mental health nursing experience.
Full time nine-month contractual position. Comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; personal and sick leave; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution). Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment including a cover letter that briefly addresses:
- Your professional work experience in education (include courses taught and employment status). Show equivalent number of full-time years if the work was part-time.
- Your professional work experience outside of education and related to this position.
- Examples from your past teaching, work, or community experience that best illustrate your ability to work with diverse groups.
- Examples of leadership and/or community service involvement.
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.
Work is performed in a classroom, lab, and/or clinical setting. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move intermittently during working hours. During course of day, interact with students, faculty and staff in person, by telephone and computer.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting