Nurse Mentor (Cedar Falls, IA)
Western Home is seeking an experienced, strong and organized leader to join our team as a Nurse Mentor for Nation and Thuesen Cottage in Cedar Falls, IA. An ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have the strong desire to create fulfilling lifestyles for the people around them, and takes great pride in the nursing care they provide. Make your next career move to Western Home Communities! Your day-to-day will include (but not limited to) building relationships with those you serve and work alongside, supervising the resident care received, and accurately communicating, documenting and administering needed medications/treatments/etc. based on physician orders. The Cottages are Iowa's first freestanding small house nursing home for people with dementia. In this role you are sure to gain valuable professional skills and experience that will last a lifetime!
What you'll do:
- Provide direct care and interact with all levels of staff effecting resident care
- Identify signs and symptoms of infections and educate staff on infection precautions
- MDS processes including creating schedules and transmitting assessments
- Assist and supervise direct care staff to accomplish the shared goals for resident care
- Accurately administers all medications, treatments and physician orders, taking ultimate responsibility for resident care
- Effectively communicates resident needs, progress and special problems of care on an ongoing basis with physicians and immediate supervision
- Graduate of a state board approved RN school
- Currently licensed in Iowa
- (Preferred) Knowledge of MDS process
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control or willingness to achieve
- Successful completion of state mandatory supervisory course within six months of employment
- Current in CPR certification or willing to achieve it
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as required
(Full-time) Health, Dental and Vision
Employee Assistance Program
- *Actual wage based on experience
- And much more!
If you feel like you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this opportunity within Western Home Communities- we would love to talk!
Western Home Communities is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). That means we offer residential living for seniors at every stage of health, activity and independence, from those who need no assistance, to others who require round-the-clock nursing care. This is often referred to as the continuum of care.
Mission Statement: Western Home Communities is a charitable Christian Service Organization that assertively creates fulfilling lifestyles for those we serve, their families and our employees.
The ideal candidate for this position supports the Western Home Communities values of people first, servant spirit, innovation and financial integrity.
We offer an array of living options, care, and services for the well-being of our clients.
Join our team to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting