This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI) is a SIX-TIME recipient of the Employer of Choice designation. Employees nominate organizations in the Cedar Valley for this honor.
Join us! We have a full-time opportunity on 1st shift available for people looking to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities.
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week)
- Advance your career through our career advancement program. As you complete each certification, you'll advance to a new position with a $1.00 per hour increase in pay.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time offered)
- 401(k)** employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Flexible schedules (We offer full-time and part-time opportunities on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. See details below.)
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Attend work as scheduled
- Participate in the development of person-centered plans as directed by supervisor
- Prepare persons served for job placement by providing pre-employment skills training including but not limited to personal appearance, completing applications, interviewing skills, co-worker relations, travel training, advocacy, etc. as directed by supervisor
- Observe and implement appropriate action to promote healthy living and to prevent illness and accidents
- Maintain strong community partnerships with area businesses in an effort to secure and retain employment opportunities for persons served
- Individual Supported Employment – supports provided to, or on behalf of, persons served which enable the person to obtain and maintain individual employment
- Long-term job coaching (LTJC) – provided to or on behalf of the person which are designed to assist the person with learning and retaining individual employment
- Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice
As a DSP - Job Coach you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE in mentoring individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in supporting their personal success.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Dependability. Attend work as scheduled. Complete responsibilities, tasks, and trainings within assigned timelines.
- Integrity. Doing what's right. Trustworthy. Able to comply with all agency and regulatory standards. Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Communication. Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal. Able to document work as trained.
- Computer Familiarity. Able to browse internet, use email and electronic health record system (training provided).
- Committed to inclusion and building relationships. Respecting others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, sociology, psychology, education, human resources, marketing, sales or business, preferred.
- OR four (4) years of commensurate experience, in human services, sociology, psychology, education, human resources, marketing, sales or business
- 18 years old or older
- Must own a cell phone with active plan to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, a reliable vehicle and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check
- Shift Availabilities:
- 36-40 hours a week.
- Monday-Friday open availability needed as well as alternating weekends.
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting