Hospitality Coordinator/Cook (Grundy Center, IA)
Western Home is seeking to add a creative Hospitality Coordinator (Cook) at Creekside Living (Grundy Center, IA) that will truly love what they do and love where they work. In your day-to-day you will embrace the household model and ultimately be responsible for components of dining services, housekeeping and laundry within your building. If you enjoy creating delicious food, look no further, as you will have the opportunity to sharpen your skills while preparing and serving meals to the residents in the household. Alongside a supportive team you will ensure laundry is completed, spaces are cleaned, participate in household activities, and prepare delicious family-style food. If you are caring, kind, respectful, and have a servant heart and spirit- we invite you to connect with us. You will truly make a difference in the lives of the people around you.
What you'll do:
- Embrace the household model which includes being responsible for dining services, housekeeping and laundry duties within the building
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for yourself and the people around you
- Assists with organizing, cleaning, laundry, meals and other assigned tasks
- Plan, prepare and cook food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for the residents
- Ensure the kitchen is organized, clean and running efficiently
- Follow proper food handling, sanitation and food storage procedures.
- Collaborate with team members to involve residents in daily household activities
- Ensures that resident’s rights are adhered to
- (Required) 18 years of age or older
- (Preferred) Prior food experience
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the public.
- (Required) Strong customer service skills and commitment to serving others
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Proven organizational abilities and time management skills
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as required
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- focus' on the details of work
(Full-time) Health, Dental and Vision
Employee Assistance Program
- Alternate wage scale available for those who choose to waive benefits
- *Actual wage based on level of care, licensure and experience
And much more!
If you feel like you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for this opportunity within Western Home Communities- we would love to talk!
Western Home Communities is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC). That means we offer residential living for seniors at every stage of health, activity and independence, from those who need no assistance, to others who require round-the-clock nursing care. This is often referred to as the continuum of care.
Western Home Communities is a charitable Christian Service Organization that assertively creates fulfilling lifestyles for those we serve, their families and our employees.
The ideal candidate for this position supports the Western Home Communities values of people first, servant spirit, innovation and financial integrity.
We offer an array of living options, care, and services for the well-being of our clients.
Join our team to make a difference in the lives of those we serve!
Type of Employment: Part-Time,Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting