Direct Support - Integration Specialist
This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI) is a FIVE-TIME recipient of the Employer of Choice designation. Employees nominate organizations in the Cedar Valley for this honor.
Join us! We have a full-time opportunity on 1st shift available for people looking to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities.
This is a Retention Bonus Eligible Position!*
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week)
- Advance your career through our career advancement program. As you complete each certification, you'll advance to a new position with a $1.00 per hour increase in pay.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and personal time offered)
- 401(k)** employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Flexible schedules (We offer full-time and part-time opportunities on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. See details below.)
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Attend work as scheduled.
- Participate in assessment to determine needs, preferences, and capabilities of persons served with a variety of needs.
- Maintain person’s served records within the computer database.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Focus on individually tailored supports which assist with the acquisition, retention, or improvement of self-help, socialization related to living in the community.
- Offer persons served opportunity to experience activities and socialize within multiple community settings.
- Maintain safe, orderly and clean workspace.
- Complete documentation with respectful language.
- Role model and encourage respectful interactions with persons served, agency stakeholders and the community.
- Comply with all agency and regulatory standards regarding safety.
As a DSP - Integration Specialist you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE in mentoring individuals with Intellectual Disabilities in supporting their personal success.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Attend work as scheduled. Complete responsibilities, tasks, and trainings within assigned timelines.
- Doing what's right. Trustworthy. Able to comply with all agency and regulatory standards. Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal. Able to document work as trained.
- Computer Familiarity. Able to browse internet, use email and electronic health record system (training provided).
- Committed to inclusion and building relationships. Respecting others.
- High school diploma or a GED
- Six (6) months relevant experience (1 year preferred)
- 18 years old or older
- Must own a cell phone with active plan to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, a reliable vehicle and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check.
- Shift Availabilities:
- 36-40hrs - 1st Shift
- Wages: $14.50 - $17.00 Wages are dependent upon experience
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
*$490.25 or $980.50 Retention Bonus eligible after training period.
**Must be 21 and older to participate in 401(k) program.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting