Counselor - Blackhawk Grundy Mental Health
UnityPoint Health – Allen
Black Hawk Grundy Mental Health Center
Full-time 40 hrs./wk.; M-F; 8 hr. shifts
- Performs diagnostic evaluations on new clients through Open Access, routine scheduling or work in the primary care clinic.
- Provides individual, group, couples and/or family therapy to clients using a brief, solution focused approach to behavioral health problems.
- Completes all required/requested documentation as outlined by BHGMHC standards, insurance and/or managed care company requirements, state standards, etc.
- Provides a wide range of care coordination/case management activities including information and referral, consultation with others, etc.
- Master’s Degree
- 1-3 years in the mental health field
- Familiarity with the DSM 5
- LMSW, or TLMHC, or TLMFT in the state of Iowa
- Diagnostic skills using the DSM 5.
- Ability to form working relationships with clients.
- Familiarity with community resources.
- Actively engaged in licensure supervision while LMSW, TLMHC or TLMFT in accordance with regulatory standards.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting