Continuing Education Health Coordinator
Continuing Education Health Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Community Education and Workforce Solutions
Hawkeye Community College provides top-quality continuing education in the medical and healthcare fields. Do you have a passion for building community and business relationships? Do you desire to be part of a team that has a mission and vision to impact students as well as businesses and the community around you? If so, Hawkeye Community College has a great opportunity for you.
The Business and Community Education department is looking for a full time Continuing Education Health Coordinator to join their team. The Business and Community Education department provides services to community, students and businesses looking for short-term training, continuing education, workforce training, apprenticeships, customized business training, and community resources. This is provided by a wide range of both face-to-face and online learning opportunities with basic skills to certification and recertifications.
As the Continuing Education Health Coordinator, you would be providing leadership for health continuing education courses and programs as well as recruits, supervises, and evaluates instructors. Additionally, you would establish policies and guidelines for classes while representing Hawkeye’s health continuing education division to the community. Overall, our passion is to provide skills and training for a new career, advance an existing career, or earn continuing education credits to maintain a license in the health field for community and businesses.
Hawkeye Community College is a comprehensive community college focused on meeting the needs of the community by providing quality, affordable learning experiences for a diverse student body through our Adult Learning Center, Business and Community Education Department as well as through more than 50 career and technical programs and liberal arts transfer programs. Hawkeye Community College’s mission is about empowering students, strengthening businesses and enriching communities with a vision to improve the quality of life in the communities we serve.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates continuing education programs for health care professionals under the guidance of regulatory bodies of each profession.
- Develops programs that support curricula and coordinate activities (e.g., conferences) as required to meet the health continuing education needs of the community and/or area businesses.
- Ensures integrity of content delivered in training is current, correct, and approved by the necessary regulatory bodies.
- Assists in marketing the program(s) and/or curriculum to the community and/or area businesses.
- Directs, assists and monitors services of multiple program(s) and/or site(s).
- Provides consultation in area of expertise and may occasionally teach continuing education classes.
- Recruits, hires, and supervises part-time and short-term instructors, oversees consultants and trainers.
- Assists with grant writing.
- Monitors continuing education health budget.
- Administers student assessments and tests.
- Maintains student/participant/customer discipline and/or classroom management issues using defined policies, practices and professional knowledge for appropriate academic intervention.
- Works collaboratively with other community colleges, agencies, business and students to develop and maintain healthcare apprenticeships.
- Participates in appropriate college committees, workshops, and staff meetings.
- Assumes responsibility of approved providerships for continuing education of health care professionals.
- Maintains confidentiality and documentation as required by licensing boards and other regulatory bodies with licensing boards; attends providership meetings as needed; renews providerships; and completes annual reports for boards.
- Ensures integrity of data input into business software program including but not limited to contracts, proposals and pricing, instructors, events, room rentals, etc.
- Identifies and explores new training topics, opportunities and instructors to offer the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with a current, unencumbered license in Iowa or Iowa eligible.
- Teaching, training experience, instructional or curriculum development in a healthcare related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements for approved providers of health care professional continuing education such as; nursing, dental, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, and emergency medical service.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, work, and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations including students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to represent the college positively to the community and regulatory organizations.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written and listening skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Microsoft Office and/or Google programs.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, follow through and work without close supervision.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and customer service skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends as well as ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and troubleshoot procedures related to a safety action plan.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through inclusive behaviors and helping contribute to a culture of inclusivity, and a vibrant, diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and working environment.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with community organizations.
- Experience working in long term care facilities.
- Certifications (e.g., CPR and Mandatory Reporter)
- Experience developing curriculum, program design, schedules, activities, assignments, test, assessments, etc. that are tailored to student learning and requirements.
- Anticipated schedule is Monday through Friday with flexible hours that could include nights and occasional weekends.
- Requires skills for succeeding in an office environment, using technology. Requires good hand-eye coordination including visual acuity to use a keyboard and read technical information; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp. Work is performed in an office, classroom, and lab settings. Sit, stand, bend, lift and move regularly during working hours. During course of the day, interact with students, faculty, staff and public in person, by telephone and computer.
- Employment Status
- Full time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, and LTD insurance, a Section 125 plan for medical and dependent care expenses; holiday, personal, sick, and vacation leave; tuition reimbursement; and a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
- Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s education and experience.
- Complete an online application at Hawkeye Community College along with the following required materials:
- Submit/upload a detailed resume summarizing education and experience.
- Submit/upload 3 references with a minimum of two (2) being from a current/past supervisor.
- Submit/Upload a cover letter that briefly addresses the following:
- Describe, from experience and training, your knowledge of community college continuing educational programming related to this position (basic life support, nursing, dental, nursing assistant, medical coder, patient access and front desk, emergency medical services, medication aide, pharmacy tech, etc.).
- Describe your experience in curriculum and program design.
- Provide an example of how you have built an educational partnership within the health field.
- Describe any collaborative initiatives you have championed among businesses or communities, especially if related to high schools, universities and community colleges.
- Describe your experience in recruiting, supervising or evaluating instructors or others in your health care field.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
Submit the online application and all required materials by Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. Preference will be given to candidates who submit the required materials on or before July 21st This position will remain open until filled.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting