Server - Five Sullivan Brothers Convention Center
The banquet server provides ultimate hospitality for guests at events through service of meals, attending to buffet lines, and working in concession stands.
Essential Job Functions (including to but not limited to):
· Answers menu questions posed by patrons.
· Maintains knowledge of the banquet menu and any special items being offered.
· Provides quick, attentive, friendly and professional service to banquet guests and is able to communicate clearly with all customers.
· Ensures that food items are served at proper temperature and immediately upon availability from the kitchen, as ordered by the customer.
· Ensures neat presentation of all ordered items, with no spill-over.
· Pre-buses tables and full buses tables when necessary during peak periods.
· Services buffet lines by ensuring all items are available and cleans as needed.
· Works in concession stands taking and assembling orders, operating a point of sale terminal, receiving cash or credit card payments, making change, ensure all items are stocked and professionally displayed, providing top-notch customer service with a smile.
· Maintains availability to work during many peak periods.
· Stocks beverage station(s) when necessary (ice, juices, glassware, sugar packets, etc).
· Maintains high responsiveness to customer desires and requests.
· Maintains a professional and clean appearance.
· Communicates with other service staff, bartenders, supervisors, and kitchen staff in order to improve communication and coordination so that patrons may be impressed by their dining experience.
· Builds and maintains knowledge regarding bar offerings so that guest questions may be accurately answered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
· Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
· Ability to clearly communicate, read and write in English.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume fine dining, casual, and/or nightclub is preferred.
· In-depth wine and alcohol knowledge preferred.
· Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or related Food Service Job Experience.
· Must acquire and maintain a valid Alcohol Awareness Certification, and other required compliance trainings.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting