Retail Supervisor, Zesty Orange
Function of Position:
Responsible to Senior Manager for Retail Dining and Special Events for overseeing a retail area, and collaboratively provide assistance in other Dining Services areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train, schedule and supervise staff. Ensure staff are following policies/procedures and following up with staff as needed. Assist in hiring student/part-time and full-time staff. (23%)
- Track and determine product usage. Order food and supplies. Communicate with other operational areas to ensure quality products and services. (15%)
- Oversee and assist in daily maintenance of the facility and all equipment. (10%)
- Assist with recipe development and ensure that specific recipes and methods of food production are followed. (10%)
- Recommend and assist in development of product promotions and marketing. Collaborate with W staff on food needs, and operational hour needs, for sporting events. (8%)
- Assist with waiting on customers, food preparation, service, and clean up. Ensures that customer service and food quality standards are met. Solicit and respond to customer feedback. (15%)
- Utilize Micros, Cbord, FSS, credit card, cash handling and other systems to ensure accuracy of cashiering and other operations. (10%)
- Develop procedures for implementing new products. (5%)
- Assist with analyzing product cost and recommending pricing structures. (2%)
- Ensure compliance of federal, state, and institutional codes and policies. (2%)
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work and refers only unusual cases to the supervisor.
Requires high school degree, basic math skills, customer service skills, and one year of effective experience. Work every other weekend; some night shifts required.
Position involves frequent standing, walking, moving and use of hands, except when on break. Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, short distances. Good vision is needed to do most of the work. It can be a noisy environment due to frequent use of espresso machine and blenders. Work pace is determined by business activity level, and deadlines.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Type of Employment: Full-Time,Seasonal