Food Service - RedTail Café
Reports To: Café Manager / Hospitality Instructor
Are you looking for part-time work during the weekdays? Do you enjoy food service or hospitality? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
Hawkeye Community College’s RedTail Café is looking for people to join their team. This position will assist in in food prep, food service, and money exchanges at the register while providing a fun, energetic, safe, and clean atmosphere in a kitchen/coffee shop work environment.
Essential Job Functions
Important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets customers and informs them of menu options
- Prepares and serves food, requested coffee drinks and other special requests.
- Cooks on the line grill
- Operates a Point of Sales (POS) system and handles money exchanges
- Contributes to daily cleaning
- Assists with inventory control
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following the Organization Standards and Sanitation Regulations.
- Collaborates and works as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, maintain customer confidence and protect operational integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion in accordance to the Hawkeye Community Colleges Mission, Vision and Intuitional goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with food measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively interact with students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- One-year experience in food service
Anticipated schedules is: Weekdays with hours ranging from 7am to 3pm with adjusted hours during the school year.
Requires ability to work in intense temperature varying environments. Work is performed in a kitchen environment. This is a fast paced, high stress, high traffic work environment. Requires basic understanding of technology and competence with commercial equipment. Requires good hand-eye coordination and balance. Long periods of standing are required. Repeated motions are common including arm and hand motions. This kitchen doubles as a Lab space for the college, exposing employees to possible untrained individuals whom will require oversight during operational hours.
Part-Time, position with a choice of retirement programs—IPERS (defined benefit) or TIAA (defined contribution).
- Complete online application at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/employment
- Submit/upload a cover letter.
- Submit/upload a resume,
- Submit/upload 3 references with a minimum of one from a current/past supervisor.
- Submit online application and all required materials by the deadline.
Hawkeye Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to equity and diversity in its educational services and employment practices: https://www.hawkeyecollege.edu/about/diversity-inclusion/equal-opportunity. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; age; color; creed; national origin; religion; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity; genetic information; or actual or potential parental, family, or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices. Veteran status is also included to the extent covered by law. Any person alleging a violation of equity regulations shall have the right to file a formal complaint. Inquiries concerning application of this statement should be addressed to: Equity Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator for employees, 319-296-4405; or Title IX Coordinator for students, 319-296-4448; Hawkeye Community College, 1501 East Orange Road, P.O. Box 8015, Waterloo, Iowa 50704-8015; or email equity-titleIX@hawkeyecollege.edu, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
If any applicant is in need of a reasonable accommodation in completing the application process, please notify a member of Human Resource Services.
Type of Employment: Part-Time
Premium Job Posting (contact for more information): Premium Job Posting